Martina A. Maggioni
Dr. Martina Anna MaggioniCenter for Space Medicine Berlin Charité Cross Over Charitéplatz 1 10117 Berlin
+49 (0)30 450 528 545
Dr. Martina Anna Maggioni, joined the Aerospace Medicine and Extreme Environments Research Group on October 2012 as a guest researcher coming from the Università degli Studi di Milano (Milan, Italy), where she is Assistant Professor of Physiology at the Department of Biomedical Sciences for Health. She is now also Research Associate at the Center for Space Medicine and Extreme Environment Berlin.
- Maggioni MA, Castiglioni P, Merati G, Brauns K, Gunga H-C, Mendt S, Opatz O, Rundfeldt LC, Steinach M, Werner A, Stahn AC. High-intensity exercise mitigates cardiovascular deconditioning during long-duration bed rest. Front Physiol. 2018 Nov 19;9:1553
- Maggioni MA, Bonato M, Stahn AC, La Torre A, Agnello L, Vernillo G, Carlo Castagna C, Giampiero Merati G. Effects of ball-drills and repeated sprint ability training in basketball players. Int J Sports Physiol Perform. 2018 Dec 20:1-24.
- Opatz O, Nordine M, Habazettl H, Ganse B, Petricek J, Dosel P, Stahn A, Steinach M, Gunga H-C, Maggioni MA. Limb Skin Temperature as a Tool to Predict Orthostatic Instability. Front Physiol. 2018 Sep 5;9:1241.
- Rundfeldt LC*and Maggioni MA*, Coker RH, Gunga HC, Riveros-Rivera A, Schalt A, Steinach M. Cardiac Autonomic Modulations and Psychological Correlates in the Yukon Arctic Ultra: The Longest and the Coldest Ultramarathon. Frontiers in Physiology 9, February 2018 *These Authors contributed equally to the paper
- Zeynep Masatli Z, Nordine M, Maggioni MA, Mendt S, Hilmer B, Brauns K, Anika Werner, Schwarz A, Habazettl H, Gunga H-C, Opatz OS. Gender-Specific Cardiovascular Reactions to +Gz Interval Training on a Short Arm Human Centrifuge. Front Pysiol. 2018; 9: 1028
- Stahn AC, Werner A, Opatz O, Maggioni MA, Steinach M, von Ahlefeld VW, Moore A, Crucian BE, Smith SM, Zwart SR, Schlabs T, Mendt S, Trippel T, Koralewski E, Koch J, Choukèr A, Reitz G, Shang P, Röcker L, Kirsch KA, Gunga HC. Increased core body temperature in astronauts during long-duration space missions. Scientific Reports 7, December 2017
- Mendt S, Maggioni MA, Nordine M, Steinach M, Opatz O, Belavý D, Felsenberg D, Koch J, Shang P, Gunga HC, Stahn A. Circadian rhythms in bed rest: Monitoring core body temperature via heat-flux approach is superior to skin surface temperature. Chronobiol Int. 2017;34(5):666-676.
- Steinach M, Kohlberg E, Maggioni MA, Mendt S, Opatz O, Stahn A, Gunga HC. Sleep Quality Changes during Overwintering at the German Antarctic Stations Neumayer II and III: The Gender Factor. PLoS One. 2016 Feb 26;11(2):e0150099.
- Steinach M, Kohlberg E, Maggioni MA, Mendt S, Opatz O, Stahn A, Tiedemann J, Gunga HC. Changes of 25-OH-Vitamin D during Overwintering at the German Antarctic Stations Neumayer II and III. PLoS One. 2015 Dec 7;10(12):e0144130.
- Villa F, Magnani A, Maggioni MA, Stahn A, Rampichini S, Merati G, Castiglioni P. Wearable Multi-Frequency and Multi-Segment Bioelectrical Impedance Spectroscopy for Unobtrusively Tracking Body Fluid Shifts during Physical Activity in Real-Field Applications: A Preliminary Study. Sensors (Basel). 2016 May 11;16(5).
- Nordine M, Maggioni MA, Stahn A, Mendt S, Brauns K, Gunga HC, Habazettl H, Nitsche A, Opatz O. Form influences function: anthropometry and orthostatic stability during sustained acceleration in a short arm human centrifuge. ACTA ASTRONAUTICA 2015,115C: 138–146
- Merati G, Maggioni MA, Invernizzi PL, Ciapparelli C, Agnello L, Veicsteinas A, Castiglioni P. Autonomic modulations of heart rate variability and performances in short-distance elite swimmers. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2015 Apr;115(4):825-35.
- Pugliese L, Porcelli S, Bonato M, Pavei G, La Torre A, Maggioni MA, Bellistri G, Marzorati M. Effects of manipulating volume and intensity training in master swimmers. Int J Sports Physiol Perform. 2015 Oct;10(7):907-12.